Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Currently we have no trainee driver vacancies in North or North East London.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers and specifically existing PCV drivers. As an incentive to joining the company, for any existing PCV driver applying from 1st October 2016 we are offering a £1,000 starting bonus, together with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply).
Should you leave the company within 12 months of your driver starting date, you will need to repay this.
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- £1000 joining bonus for existing PCV holders* on arrival to garage
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- £50 pre-paid Oystercard on joining
- Annual Christmas Bonus up to £165
- Annual Safe Driving Bonus
- Early, Middle, Late and Family friendly rotas
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
*must have 12 months experience relevant within the last four years
Arriva London operates from 17 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Heathrow, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.