Purchasing and Supply Manager – Fixed Term Contract
- Ensure familiarity of any Health and Safety (H&S) risks and issues relevant to the work activities and areas for which you have responsibility and making sure they are compliant with legal requirements and Company Policy.
- Detailed H&S responsibilities are published in the Arriva Health Safety and Environment management system.
- Participate in the recruitment of new Arriva Supply Team staff.
- Effectively manage the Arriva Supply team.
- Conduct regular site based reviews of the Arriva Supply team’s core functions and procedures and amend where necessary.
- Effectively review and manage material requirements planning with Engineering Managers
- Provide Enterprise Resource Planning (Oracle) support to local engineering team managers.
- Liaise with Arriva UKB Procurement and lead and assist in the data cleanse of Arriva London information for an Enterprise Resource Planning implementation in June 2018.
- Ensure that all procedures, processes and practices relating to supply and purchasing activities comply with BiLMoG requirements (or prevailing audit methodology).
- Manage the creation of scheduled monthly payments to key Vendors for the Engineering team.
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable team to facilitate the prompt payment of Arriva London invoices.
- Regularly engage with key Vendors to facilitate the accurate and timely supply of materials and develop consignment (Imprest) stock arrangements at garages.
- Liaise with Vendors and the Arriva UK Master Data team for the creation of new material numbers for engineering components.
- Ensure inventory holdings meet garage requirements in the provision of effective bus maintenance Oversee the reconciliation of fuel management.
- Ensure the Arriva Supply Team conducts cyclic stock counts and end of year counts in line with the Arriva Procurement policy.
- Manage and review the interactions of the Arriva Supply team with suppliers regarding local deliveries, warranty claims and product quality concerns.
Externally: External service providers/suppliers
Internally: Directors, General Managers, Engineering Management, Operational Management and Head Office department heads/managers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of managing operational MRP, Warehouse, Logistics and Purchasing functions.
- Capability to process purchasing transactions in Oracle.
- Capability to resolve delivery, service, quality problems and issues with suppliers.
- Capability to work effectively with operating company engineering & finance, garage stores personnel.
- Strong focus on operational costs and efficiency.
- Attention to transactional detail.
- Capability to work under pressure and to prioritise workload.
Desirable, a CIPS or equivalent qualification
If you are interested, please click here to apply
Closing Date: 24th February 2017