Vehicle Engineering Apprenticeships
Arriva London is one of the largest bus operators in London, and we are looking for engineering apprentices to learn how to fix and maintain our buses.
We are committed to training and developing the talent of tomorrow, and we have great career prospects.
Our apprenticeships are for 4 years with core training in:
- Mechanics and Electrics
- Accident Repair and Bodywork
We provide a well-established, structured training programme, a mentor, regular reviews, lots of support and training in several bus garages to maximise what you can learn, and people who care and want our apprentices to succeed.
You will get a Level 3 accreditation in Bus & Coach, an IRTEC accreditation and a PCV (bus driving) licence.
Your training will take place at our training academy in Edmonton, along with on-the-job practical experience in our bus garages which are situated as follows:
Streatham SW2 4TB, Norwood SE27 0HN, Thornton Heath CR7 6AU, Croydon CR2 6EL, Dartford DA1 5BG
Ash Grove E8 4RH, Edmonton N18 3QX, Clapton E8 1DU, Enfield EN3 4HX, Palmers Green N13 5UR, Stamford Hill N16 6SS, Tottenham N15 4JB, Wood Green N22 4HF, Barking IG11 0ST, Grays RM20 4DB
You will get a competitive salary including an Oyster travel card and travel on all Arriva buses. After 3 months, you may apply for a second Oyster card for a member of your family that resides at the same address as you.
We can offer you a permanent job after successful completion of the apprenticeship scheme, with current earnings between £30,000 – £41,000 p.a.
You need to have
- An interest in fixing vehicles (essential)
- Some mechanical skills (advantageous)
- The ability to get a car driving licence and a PCV licence (to drive buses to where they need to be fixed)
- Good communication – written and verbal
- Be a team player
- A strong work ethic
- Be able to think on your feet and work through solutions to problems
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Motivation and desire to do a good job
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent, which must include Maths, English and a Science subject at Grade C or above
Closing Date – 10th November 2017
To apply, please click here.