Trainee and Experienced Schedule Compilers
Location: Finsbury Park
Arriva London is looking to recruit Trainee and Experienced Schedule Compilers to join our Commercial Department, currently based at our offices in Finsbury Park. The role, as part of our busy team, is essential for the future commercial success of the business. Depending on your existing experience, you will undertake training in all aspects of schedule compilation using both manual and computer-based methods.
- The compilation of time and duty schedules and rotas to meet the requirements of the Company and Transport for London (TfL).
- Estimating resource changes in response to internal or TfL initiatives.
- The analysis of performance data in relation to improving schedule efficiency.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that up to date information is maintained.
Key Skills Required:
- A high degree of numeracy especially when using hours and minutes.
- An ability to maintain a high level of concentration.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with great computer skills.
- A determination to work through complex problems until the best solution is found.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well-organised, self-motivated and flexible in your approach to your work.
- Good team focus but also comfortable working on your own.
- An ability to communicate effectively at various levels.
It would be desirable if you had some understanding of bus operation in London and the ability to quickly acquire a good working knowledge of Arriva London’s Trade Union agreements. On occasion, you will be expected to investigate our routes across north and south London and must be flexible to work outside of normal office hours, including evenings and at weekends.
Closing date: 24th August 2018
To apply, please click here.