Engineering Managers are part of a team led by the Engineering Director, Regional General Managers & Engineering General Managers, which work together to resolve the practical and engineering issues facing the London fleet.
Key Responsibilities are:
- To provide a high level of technical expertise and support to engineering staff’ to ensure their skills and competence levels continually improve and to identify training needs.
- Ensure that all staff within the garage fully understand and comply with company and statutory requirements in terms of Health & Safety and operating procedures.
- To ensure that the depot(s) peak vehicle requirement is achieved on a daily basis and to ensure that all vehicles supplied for service are cleaned and maintained to a high standard that exceeds the statutory requirements set out by VOSA.
- Dealing with the maintenance, health and safety and environmental impact of Company premises and ensuring legislative compliance.
- Responsibility for staffing levels, recruitment, training, management, communication and pay of all engineering staff, adhering to Company policies, procedures and formal union agreements. This includes absence and performance management.
- To build and deliver the engineering budget for your area of the business and ensure that targets are met.
- Reduce waste and improve efficiency wherever possible.
- Effective and efficient administration as record keeping and processing paperwork is an essential part of this role.
The successful applicant will have experience in multi-site management and supply evidence of excellent communication skills, a detailed knowledge of technical engineering, engineering procedures and health and safety legislation. They should be adaptable, determined, and analytical, have evidence of achievement, and have successful experience of developing and managing staff; intermediate level of I.T. skills would be desirable. Proven ability to add value and move the business forward is also vital.
The successful applicants will need to be flexible and prepared to take up positions in any Arriva London location as required by the business.
The successful applicant must have or be prepared to achieve the Certificate of Professional Competence in Passenger Transport. Previous management experience in a similar role is essential.
Appointments will be subject to completion of a satisfactory period of probation.
To apply, please click here