To be competent in all aspects of compiling time and duty schedules and rotas; including associated paperwork and data exports taking into account Safety, Reliability, Acceptability and Cost.
- To be able to compile time schedules, duty schedules and rotas within the requirements of the Road Traffic Act and Company / Trade Union agreements.
- To be able to use schedules system to assist in compilation of schedules.
- To be able to produce timecards, duty summaries, working timetables, rotas and other paperwork necessary.
- To compile compliant schedules for tenders, produce schedule summary and assist as necessary in the submission of tender documents.
- To be able to use Caesar to upload schedules, download timetables for tender routes, check service calendars and any other data necessary.
- To undertake observations and use Hyperion data to analyse reliability, running times and other data.
- To understand reliability calculations for High and Low frequency routes and QICs bonus payment regime.
- To review routes operated by other companies and make recommendations about their reliability and running time.
- To represent the company as required on an ad hoc basis.
- To act in a professional manner at all times.
- To be aware of the commercially sensitive nature of data and ideas and respect that at all times.
- Health and Safety - as an employee within the organisation, take responsibility for ensuring that you are familiar with any health and safety risks and issues that are relevant to the work activities and areas for which you have responsibility and for ensuring compliance with legal requirements and Company Policy. Detailed H&S Responsibilities are published in the Arriva HS&E Management System.
- Diversity - be an ambassador for Diversity, promote and implement the company’s Diversity Policy at all times and provide regular, timely and informative summaries of diversity information across UK Bus instigating remedial or generative action as appropriate.
- Corporate social responsibility – uphold, safeguard and promote the reputation and values of the organisation throughout all internal and external business relationships and activities.
No direct reports
Schedules Planning Manager
Externally: relevant contacts at Transport for London
Internally: performance, operating and engineering teams; Trades Union officers
Closing Date: 28th April 2017
To apply, please click here.