Engineering Manager - Croydon
This role is based at Croydon garage, with the overall responsibility being to ensure the efficient and effective running of the engineering operation that meets various key performance indicators set by TfL, Arriva London & DVSA.
- Ensure that all staff within the garage fully understand and comply with company and statutory requirements in terms of Health & Safety and operating procedures.
- Dealing with the maintenance, health and safety and environmental impact of Company premises and ensuring legislative compliance.
- Responsibility for training, management, communication and pay of all engineering staff, adhering to Company policies, procedures and formal union agreements. This includes absence and performance management.
- To deliver the engineering budget for your area of the business and ensure that targets are met.
- Reduce waste and improve efficiency wherever possible.
- Effective and efficient administration as record keeping and processing paperwork is an essential part of this role.
- The successful applicant will have experience in multi-site management and supply evidence of excellent communication skills.
- A detailed knowledge of technical engineering, engineering procedures and health and safety legislation.
- They should be adaptable, determined and analytical, have evidence of achievement, and have successful experience of developing and managing staff; intermediate level of I.T. skills would be desirable.
- Proven ability to add value and move the business forward is also vital.
- The successful applicant will need to be flexible and prepared to take up positions in any Arriva London location as required by the business.
Directly reports to the general manager with a reporting line to the fleet engineer.
Closing Date : 27th July 2018
To apply, please click here.