Arriva London Bus Driver
Bus drivers are the key to our company's success. Our drivers are the life blood of Arriva London, they are the front line staff whose actions ultimately determine the quality of the service we provide. Their professional attitude along with the excellent training means they are able to consistently display the skills to keep Arriva London’s passengers moving 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are currently looking to recruit new bus drivers, and specifically existing PCV drivers, with the opportunity of average rostered earnings of £25K - £27K (Ts&Cs apply).
We are also looking for non-PCV applicants with:
- a full driving licence with the right to drive in the UK
- one year's driving experience
- no more than 6 points on your licence
- no unspent criminal convictions
You should be:
- a confident person with good customer service skills who enjoys working and dealing with people
- an excellent driver - you must drive regularly in varied environments and at different times of the day
- enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work
- be prepared to work shifts
What we offer you
- Attractive pay package
- Professional training (3-8 weeks) with pay
- Free uniform
- Free travel on the TfL network for yourself and one other that lives with you
- Free UK travel on Arriva buses
- Save up to £1216.10 p.a. on household costs using the Arriva staff rewards scheme
- Career opportunities
- Membership of the Arriva Workplace Pension
Arriva London operates from 17 garages across London: Ash Grove, Barking, Brixton, Clapton, Croydon, Dartford, Edmonton, Enfield, Grays, Heathrow, Norwood, Palmers Green, Stamford Hill, Thornton Heath, Tottenham, Watford and Wood Green.
Please click here for full details on each garage.
Due to health & safety requirements, there is a weight limit of 20 stone.
To apply, please click here
If you have any difficulties with the online application process please contact us by clicking this link
Electronic data relating to applications for employment is stored for a maximum of 18 months. If you wish your individual data to stop being stored prior to that please write to the HR Department making that request.
Published : Wed 10th May. 2017 - Thu 15th Jun. 2017
We train our drivers in all aspects of customer service, and as we often hear from our passengers, our staff go above and beyond the call of duty to help, be it someone with mobility difficulties or maybe someone who is looking for directions.
If you want to transport a party of people to a special destination to help them celebrate a great occasion, you could do no better than hiring an Arriva Heritage fleet historic Routemaster.
The generosity of our staff is reflected in Arriva London receiving the prestigious Government’s Charity Aids Foundation Platinum Award last year, which means that over 20% of the staff give to charity through the company’s Payroll Giving scheme.
Arriva London supports local communities in many ways, so when asked to be involved in this project for yet another year, the decision was an easy one.
Vintage bus parade at Victoria Bus Station to mark the 70th anniversary of the first post-war RT bus features an Arriva route
To mark the 70th anniversary of the first post-war RT bus, there was a parade of vintage buses at Victoria Bus Station on Wednesday morning.
The visit had been organised following Leon meeting Enfield bus driver Malkiat Birdi, whilst he was attending the TfL initiative for drivers called Hello London.